Pre Procedure Advice
Permanent procedures will normally require multiple treatment sessions. For the best results, clients may be required to return for at least one touch-up procedure, usually between 4-12 weeks after the initial procedure.
Please be prepared for the colour to be significantly darker and “outstanding” immediately after the treatment. This will subside and become lighter as the tissue heals. This process can take up to 10 days.
Advice for all permanent cosmetic procedures:
- Aspirin, alcohol, Coumadin and Ibuprofen must be avoided for at least 48 hours prior to treatment
- Any eyebrow waxing and tinting should be carried out at least 48hrs prior to treatment.
- Electrolysis/Epilation should be carried out at least 5 days before treatment
- Since delicate sensitive areas or skin may be red or swollen, it is advised not to make any social plans for the same day
- Please do not discontinue any medication before consulting with your doctor
- The treatment will only go ahead with the outcome of a negative patch test
- Please wear your normal makeup to the salon on the day of your procedure
- Please note that we do not permit any family or friends in the treatment room with you. It is advised to attend to your appointment alone to avoid any distractions
For 2 to 5 days after treatment, the procedure area can experience the following symptoms:
For at least 7 days following your treatment, or until the area appears to have healed, please include the following daily routine:
- Use a gentle face cleanser and avoid the treatment area
- If the treatment area does get wet, pat dry gently with a tissue or a clean towel
- Apply the treatment ointment, which was given to you after treatment, to the area at least 3 times a day using a cotton bud. Wash your hands before and after application and use a clean cotton bud for each application, to avoid infection. The ointment will protect the treatment area from free radicals and infections entering the area.
THINGS NOT TO DO
DO NOT use makeup for 7 days on or around the treatment areas
DO NOT expose the treated area to extreme heat or cold until the area is completely healed. This includes saunas, sunbathing, tanning beds etc.
DO NOT scratch, pick, itch or rub the area of the treatment, as this will cause uneven healing and will cause infection and scarring and the pigment can be removed leaving uneven colour.
PLEASE REMEMBER that the colour is up to 50% darker immediately after treatment. It will fade after 4-7 days and the true colour will not come through until up to 4 weeks after the initial treatment. During the healing process, the colour for certain procedures appears to have disappeared, such as the lips, this is due to the healing process. Under no circumstances should you undergo any further permanent cosmetic work undertaken during this 4 week period. The colour will reappear as the healing process progresses.
GENERAL POST PROCEDURE INFORMATION
To avoid pigment fade for as long as possible, please avoid excessive exposure to UV rays and the sun and please use a total sunblock or moisturiser with a high SPF.
In order to keep your permanent cosmetic procedure in perfect condition, it may be necessary to have a maintenance procedure from time to time, depending on the area.
If you are planning to undergo an MRI scan, chemical peel or another similar procedure, please inform your doctor that you have had permanent cosmetics.